Conventional Stick Framing
Used all over the continental USA but also in the northern European countries conventional framing with treated pine is one of the most cost effective methods to built a house in Costa Rica. The frame of the house gets built with 2/4 or 2/6 pine which gets then sheeted with treated Plywood, or Fiber Cement Boards to give the frame rigidity.
- Construction method with the lowest weight
- Wooden structures have the highest Earthquake resistance
- Suitable for hillsides and difficult terrains
- Sustainable and organic building materials
- Construction costs especially of the pine framing is lower as conventional construction with cinder blocks
- Very fast and efficient construction method